Participation fee 2019 – 2021
The participation fee covers all tuition & administration costs throughout 4CITIES. Some excursion costs and costs associated with the thesis defence in Vienna and graduation in Brussels are not included in the participation fee. Additionally, students will need to cover their own travel and living costs.
The participation fee for 2019 – 2021 is:
- EUR 4500/year* (four thousand five hundred euros) for EU nationals
- EUR 9000/year* (nine thousand euros) for non-EU nationals
* Fees per academic year, 4CITIES is a two-years programme.
** Fees for scholarship students include an accident and health insurance satisfying the “Minimum requirements for the health and accident insurance coverage” as published by the EACEA in its guidelines for Erasmus Mundus. Self-paying students without an EMMC scholarship have the possibility to take the proposed insurance scheme if their are not already insured (approx. EUR 500/year).
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Approximately 20 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarships are offered each year. All students who apply for 4CITIES during the October-January application window are automatically considered for a scholarship. EMJMD scholarships provide the following:
- full coverage of all participation fees (4500 EUR per year for EU nationals, 9000 EUR per year for non-EU nationals)
- 1000 EUR per month (maximum 24 months) for subsistence costs
- 1000-3000 EUR per year for travel costs, depending on the country of residence
- EMJMD student scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world, taking geographical balance into account. No more than 3 candidates from the same country (with the same nationality) should be awarded an EMJMD scholarship during the same intake.
- Student scholarship candidates who have already benefited from a JMD scholarship or from an EMMC scholarship are not eligible for another scholarship in the framework of a JMD program.
- Furthermore, EMJMD scholarship holders cannot at the same time be beneficiaries of a grant for student or staff mobility in the framework of higher education credit mobility projects, and vice versa.
- Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices.
- EMJMD students scholarships are awarded exclusively for full-time enrollment.
- Students holding an EMJMD scholarship must commit themselves to participate in the master’s program in accordance with the terms defined by the consortium in the Student Agreement. Failure to do so could lead to the cancellation of the scholarship.
For more information: please see section 5 of the online application module, as it contains updated details not available on the website.